Saturday 16 March 2013

Term 1 Reflections on termly performance and growth development in Science

Term 1 Reflection


My target for Science in Term 2 is an A1 grade. I had also got an A1 in Term 1 however, I am not happy with my marks. I plan to get exemption at the end of this year. I will work harder towards my goal and I hope to get at least >80. I will study harder and plan my time well. I realised that my method of studying had been wrong the whole time. I consulted my friends at the end of this term and I realised their studying method. My method was worng. I normally study only just before the exam which I found out was wrong and my friends studied everyday and thus, their grades were better than me. Now, I am trying to use their method and I find it quite effective. I will be prepared for a test anytime in this way. I must strive to do better in term 2!


I was very confused about some topics that the teacher has taught us. I had difficulties with the usage of the vernier calipers and micrometer screw gauge and the difference between the non-luminous flame and luminous flame. I always got them mixed up. However, I overcame these problems by:
  1. I did more research on these topics on the internet and found quite detailed answers to my doubts.
  2.  I went to the iVLE to read up on the topics and the tutorials helped me a lot and the quizzes also tested how much I understood after learning the topic.

There were other problems I faced as well. For those, I just looked through the notes a few more times to understand the topic better.



Sources:

Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment